2019 wrap-up from the NCSEHE team
This year has finished at a blistering pace for the NCSEHE, with three new research reports and the annual briefing note published during December. The Centre also held a professional development day in partnership with the Western Australian Chapter of Equity Practitioners in Higher Education Australasia (EPHEA), at which Professor Maria Raciti presented on her 2018 Research Fellowship.
2020 will mark a new chapter for the Centre. We will farewell Professor Sue Trinidad who has done a phenomenal job as Director since the NCSEHE came to Curtin University in 2013. In January, we will be joined by Professor Sarah O’Shea, who will take on the role from 2020.
From the team at the NCSEHE, we would like to thank you for your support throughout 2019 and wish you a happy and safe festive season!
We hope you enjoy this final 2019 issue of the NCSEHE eNews, Equity Insights: New developments in higher education.
Featured in this issue:
- Announcing the incoming NCSEHE Director Professor Sarah O’Shea
- NCSEHE briefing note: Equity student participation in Australian higher education 2013–2018
- New NCSEHE Research Grants Program reports:
- Access, quality and wellbeing in engineering Work Integrated Learning placements: Implications for equity and diversity, led by the University of Technology Sydney
- Understanding completion rates of Indigenous higher education students from two regional universities, led by Charles Darwin University
- Regional communities’ influences on equity participation in higher education, led by the University of Tasmania
- NCSEHE & EPHEA WA professional development day summary
- And more national and international news, research, resources and events from the NCSEHE and our associates.