Join our mailing list
Sign up to our email newsletter for regular news and information from the National Centre for Student Equity in Higher Education.
Students with disability are those who self-identify upon enrolment via a positive response when asked if they have disability, impairment or (a) long term medical condition/s.
Resources relevant to students with disability on the NCSEHE website:
- Association for Higher Education Access and Disability (AHEAD), Ireland – An independent non-profit organisation working to promote full access to and participation in further and higher education for students with disabilities, and to enhance their employment prospects upon graduation. The site provides research publications and information on disability issues in education for students and graduates with disabilities, teachers, guidance counsellors, parents/guardians and interested academics and researchers.
- Australian Disability Clearinghouse on Education and Training – ADCET supports disability practitioners, teachers and learning support staff in their work with people with disability or medical conditions in post-secondary education, training and employment. It also provides information and resources in areas such as inclusive teaching, learning and assessment strategies, accommodations and support services, and information and resources that may be helpful to students.
- Disability and a Good Life: Thinking through Disability – UNSW Australia and Future Learn offer this free MOOC (Massive Open Online Course), aimed at beginners and experts who want to raise their awareness of disability and disability-related issues within a global context.
- Disability and a Good Life: Working with Disability – Another UNSW Australia and Future Learn MOOC, this course explores a human rights approach to disability and examines how disability politics and policy, advocacy and activism can inform what we mean by ‘a good life’.
- Higher Educators Advancing the Disability Standards – Universities online Project (HEADS-UP) – HEADS-UP is a consortium of agencies which has developed an e-learning resource for Australian universities to ensure they are aware of and meet their obligations under the Disability Standards for Education (2005).
- Preparing for higher education: a Victorian guide for students with a disability (3.05Mb) – Prepared by the National Disability Coordination Officer Program and made available via ADCET, this guide is designed to be a comprehensive resource for students with a disability, learning difficulty and/or or chronic medical conditions who are thinking about going to university.
- Tools for supporting students and staff with disabilities – The University of Melbourne has developed a range of resources for supporting staff and students with disabilities as part of its commitment to the inclusion of people with disabilities and its aim to eliminate unlawful discrimination.