Building Legacy and Capacity Workshop One — Career development for students in low SES and regional/remote high schools: Summary of outcomes and recommendations
Type of Publication: NCSEHE publication
Lead Organisation: NCSEHE
Year Published: 2017
Lead Researcher: NCSEHE
The first workshop in the Building Legacy and Capacity Series was conducted on 28 September 2017 at the University of Canberra.
Ten expert panelists contributed their insights as subject matter experts:
- Kylie Austin, University of Wollongong
- Kate Duyvestyn, Monash University
- Andrew Harvey, La Trobe University
- Mary Kelly, Queensland University of Technology
- Andrea Parks, University of South Australia
- Laurie Poretti, University of Canberra
- Donna Shelley, Bombala High School
- Wojtek Tomaszewski, University of Queensland
- Sue Trinidad, NCSEHE
- Nadine Zacharias, Deakin University (Facilitator)
The session was complemented by a webinar on 11 October, presented by workshop participants Kate Duyvestyn and Andrew Harvey who discussed the outcomes from the workshop, and led open discussion to further explore the theme.
The insights generated from the workshop and webinar have informed a good practice guide for the sector, as well as a set of recommendations for policymakers and future research, accessible below.