2021 PhD scholarship opportunity
The NCSEHE is currently inviting applications for a 2021 PhD scholarship.
The NCSEHE is a research and policy centre funded by the Australian Government Department of Education, Skills and Employment, and based at Curtin University. The Centre engages in a diversity of activities but key to its operations is strengthening Australia’s research quality, capability and capacity within the higher education equity field.
Given our equity agenda we would welcome applicants from more diverse backgrounds who may have taken more circuitous routes through higher education due to financial, employment or caring responsibilities.
- Current Students
- Future Students
- Faculty of Business and Law
The scholarship pays a cash stipend of A$27,500 (non-taxable) per annum and this is available for three years for full-time study only. The stipend can be used for living and study-related expenses.
Candidates must have completed an Honours Undergraduate Degree preferably with First Class Honours in a field related to education, social sciences or the broad humanities area. Alternatively, students should have completed a Masters by Research Degree related to the areas detailed above.
- Australian permanent resident
- Full-time enrolment
- Show a passion for social justice and equity issues with commitment or involvement in activities related to this area
- Successful applicants must be prepared to contribute broadly to the work of NCSEHE and will be based at the Centre’s offices at Curtin University
- Recipients much not be in receipt of any other scholarship
- Applications open: 10/3/2021
- Applications close: 30/04/2021