Working with and supporting students with learning disabilities and difficulties workshop — Hobart
University of Tasmania, IMAS building
25 March 2019 9:00 am
The Dear Dyslexic Foundation is excited to be hosting this interactive workshop for upper secondary teachers, TAFE and university lecturers, support staff, parents and students. This workshop will provide participants with the tools and skills they need to help make the learning pathway easier for students with dyslexia and other learning disabilities and difficulties.
It will increase participants’ understanding of how students with learning difficulties think and learn differently from neurotypical learners.
International guest speaker and author, Sandra Hargreaves, will be facilitating this workshop with Dr Judith Hudson from the University of Tasmania and Christine MacJouvelet from the Dear Dyslexic Foundation.
Topics covered throughout the day will include:
- Helping students to organise themselves and manage their study
- Helping students identify their thinking and learning style
- Maximising lectures
- Note taking and note making
- Reading strategies and structuring different writing genres
- Critical thinking
- Improving grammar, spelling and punctuation
- Improving mathematics skills
- Revision and examination techniques
- Presentations and collaborative learning
- Answering essay questions
Full fee: $200 + GST
Square Pegs Members/Concession Card Holders: $150.00 + GST
Registrations close 18th of March.
Cost includes: Program, any issued notes, participation certificate, morning tea and lunch.