AES International Evaluation Conference 2017
National Convention Centre, Canberra Australia
4 September 2017 - 6 September 2017
The Australian Evaluation Society (AES) invites you to its annual International Evaluation Conference in Canberra.
The theme of this years conference is ‘Evaluation Capital’. Hinting at the national capital location, the theme also captures two important but often neglected ideas in evaluation:
- Firstly, evaluation is a durable asset for sound governance. That is, longevity and permanence should be built into our evaluation systems because societies with more evaluation capital are better off than those with less.
- The second idea, concerns the inherently political nature of evaluation and that evaluation commissioners and practitioners must be sensitive to the effect of politics when making their evaluative choices.
- Richard Weston – Chief Executive Officer, Healing Foundation
- Dugan Fraser – Program Director, RAITH Foundation
- Sandra Mathison – Professor of Education; University of British Columbia and Executive Director, Institute for Public Education – BC
- Andy Rowe – Evaluation and Economics Consultant
- Gill Westhorp – Professional Research Fellow, Charles Darwin University