2020 Deakin National Students as Partners Roundtable
24 August 2020 - 28 August 2020
The National Students as Partners (Virtual) Roundtable, Learning through Partnerships, was hosted by Deakin University on 24–28 August 2020.
The annual National Students as Partners Roundtable brings together students, academics, and professional staff from educational institutions to explore innovative and transformative developments in areas of Students as Partners initiatives and practices.
The event provides an opportunity to:
- share Students as Partners practices, ideas, and experiences
- discover new ways of considering Students as Partners in higher education
- network with a diversity of Students as Partners practitioners
- harness the creativity of staff and students to address teaching and learning challenges.
Presentation slides and recording — Professor Sarah O’Shea
2020 Students as Partners — Keynote Speakers
The Roundtable was hosted by Deakin staff and students with live sessions running between 9.30–11.30 am AEST across the week of Monday 24 to Friday 28 August. Speakers included:
- Professor Sarah O’Shea, (PhD, PFHEA, CF) Director, National Centre for Student Equity in Higher Education
- Ms Trish McCluskey, Pro Vice-Chancellor, Learning and Teaching (Interim), Victoria University
- Lizi Thomas, PhD candidate, Victoria University
- Professor Lisa Hanna, Dean of Students, Deakin University
- Shefali Dorepalli, Student Partner, Deakin University
- Associate Professor Kelly Matthews, University of Queensland
- Yifei Liang and Preeti Vayada, Student Partners, University of Queensland
More information and registration is available on the event website.