Applications open for 2019/20 NCSEHE Research Grants Program
Request for Research Proposals
The NCSEHE operates a competitive Research Grants Program to encourage, and build upon, the research expertise that already exists across Australia in higher education student equity issues.
Proposals are now invited from high-quality researchers and equity practitioners to conduct policy-relevant research aimed at supporting and informing policy and practice on student equity in higher education.
Funding for several small research projects is available through a competitive selection process. It is anticipated that the majority of grants will be for between AU$30,000 and AU$40,000, although other amounts may be considered.
Grants will commence in September 2019 and must be completed within 12 months (closing October 2020).
We invite applications on any relevant topic but particularly invite applications on topics such as:
- equity students and science, technology, engineering and mathematics (STEM)
- equity and mature age students
- digital inclusion and student equity
- study-life balance and student equity
- Housing and student equity
- ‘non-traditional’ equity groups, i.e. other than:
- low socioeconomic status (SES)
- regional and remote
- non-English speaking backgrounds (NESB)
- women in non-traditional areas (WINTA)
In all cases, we are particularly interested in proposals that do one or more of the following:
- employ innovative use of existing data sources, or identify and use new data sources, to analyse the issues above
- take a comparative approach, internationally, inter-state, or institutionally, to understand the issues identified above
- adopt an interdisciplinary and policy-focused approach.
Proposals must be submitted by 5pm Western Standard Time on Friday 19 July 2019.