Building Legacy and Capacity Workshop Two: Summary of Outcomes and Recommendations
Higher education participation and completion of regional and remote students
The second workshop in the NCSEHE Building Legacy and Capacity Series was conducted on Tuesday 17 October 2017 at The University of Western Australia.
Invited panelists contributed their insights as subject matter experts:
- Kylie Austin, University of Wollongong
- Rachel Callahan, Southern Cross University
- Edward Campbell, University of New England
- Buly Cardak, La Trobe University
- Paul Corcoran, Australian Government Department of Education and Training
- Nicole Crawford, University of Tasmania
- Sally Kift, James Cook University
- Steven Larkin, the University of Newcastle
- Karen Nelson, University of the Sunshine Coast
- Louise Pollard, The University of Western Australia
- Cathy Stone, The University of Newcastle
- Sue Trinidad, NCSEHE
- Nadine Zacharias, Deakin University (Facilitator)
The session was complemented by a webinar on Tuesday 14 November, presented by workshop participants Cathy Stone and Karen Nelson who discussed the outcomes from the workshop, and led open discussion to further explore the theme.
The insights generated from the workshop and webinar have informed a good practice guide for the sector, as well as a set of recommendations for policymakers and future research, accessible below:
Summary of Outcomes and Good Practice Principles
Accessible documents pending.