NCSEHE eNews – Equity Insights: New developments in higher education
This month’s NCSEHE eNews marks the release of the latest report in the NCSEHE Focus series, presenting a synthesised review of 14 reports with implications for student equity and illustrating strategic challenges facing the higher education sector.
The publication complements the NCSEHE ‘Student Equity 2030 project’ — an ongoing process of discussing the future of equity in higher education which has progressed into October with a series of Australia-wide roundtables.
Featured in this issue:
- NCSEHE Focus — The future of Australian higher education: Recent research and policy reports with implications for student equity
- Student Equity 2030 project — Roundtable discussions
- Student Equity 2030 Discussion Paper
- Research Fellow Maria Raciti — October project update: How the perceived risk of going to university influences the decision to participate in Australian higher education by people from low SES backgrounds
- My Story — International Student Voice: Cork Institute of Technology (CIT) student Róisín Ormond
- University of Newcastle report feature — Lower Social Status Causes Less Social Contact and More Depression in Uni Students
- University of New South Wales report feature — Disclosing Equity Status at Australian Universities
- National Association of Enabling Educators of Australia (NAEEA) Symposium roundup
- Widening Participation through HEPPP — Case studies from Monash University and the University of New South Wales
- Registrations open for World Access to Higher Education Day Australia
- And more national and international news, research, resources and events from the NCSEHE and our associates.
Archived issues are available here.