Great Southern Employment Development Committee
The Great Southern Employment Development Committee (GSEDC), based in regional Western Australia, is a self-sustaining community organisation run by a passionate team of professionals who respond to locally-identified priorities.
GSEDC works independently, collaboratively, and strategically with a broad range of high-level community and business stakeholders across 18 local government areas in the Great Southern and South-West regions.
An important focus for the organisation involves supporting improved education, and a transition in outcomes for all, from early childhood right through to adulthood. GSEDC is dedicated to ensuring that all young people have the opportunity to reach their full educational and social potential.
The organisation’s key activities are based on current regional needs, and currently include:
- regional advocacy
- supporting early childhood learning (0 to 8 years)
- supporting regional youth including the transition to university
- lifelong learning and sustainable employment
- support for social inclusion
- assisting young people attain education to year 12 or equivalent
- providing better pathways from school to work, and
- increasing indigenous engagement