Webinar Series: Improving the Transition and Retention of Regional Students from Low socioeconomic backgrounds: A 5Ps approach
7 March 2018 - 28 March 2018
Following on from a National Forum in February 2018, Professor Denise Wood will commence a series of webinars throughout March. The Forum and webinars are the culmination of a National Priorities Pool project funded by the Commonwealth Department of Education and Training, focusing on strategies for improving the success of university students from low socioeconomic status (low SES) backgrounds.
The project has involved trials of a pre-commencement intervention strategy aimed at supporting the transition, participation, retention and success of commencing regional students from low SES backgrounds. The participating partner universities are CQUniversity (lead), Charles Sturt University, Federation University Australia, University of the Sunshine Coast and James Cook University.
Participants will have the opportunity to learn about, and contribute to, discussions relating to the outcomes from the project including:
- The ‘5Ps Framework’ and strategies for supporting transitioning students and assisting them to succeed throughout the student journey
- An Online Tool enabling students to self-assess their understanding of the program into which they are enrolling and guide them to appropriate supports and resources
- Five Case Studies documenting the impact of applying the ‘5Ps’ Framework in practice.
The series will be presented over several weeks commencing 7 March and finishing 28 March and will be recorded.
(ALL WEBINARS IN AEST)
- Denise Wood, CQUniversity — Wednesday 7 March 2 pm
- Liam Downing Charles Sturt University — Friday 9 March 2 pm
- Debbie Flashman, University of the Sunshine Coast — Wednesday 14 March 2 pm
- Amy Barnhouse & Fiona Sunderland, Federation University — Friday 16 March 2 pm
- Kate Sheppard, James Cook University — Wednesday 21 March 2 pm
- Daniel Baird & Pauline, James Cook University — Thursday 22 March 10 am
- Mary McLeod, CQUniversity — Wednesday 28 March 10:00 am
- Denise Wood, CQUniversity — Wednesday 28 March 10:30 am
Details for joining the webinars:
Join from a PC, Mac, iPad, iPhone or Android device:
Please click this URL to start or join: https://cqu.zoom.us/j/522581401
Join from dial-in phone line:
Dial: +61 2 8015 2088
Meeting ID: 522 581 401
International numbers available: https://cqu.zoom.us/zoomconference?m=rzUe1kV5kSnUucubyJj-gi42OL0_AxkM