WAHED and the Sutton Trust webinar — Access and success at leading universities around the world
24 March 2021
World Access to Higher Education Day (WAHED) is convening a series of virtual events over the course of 2021 before WAHED 2021 on 17 November. These events are FREE and booking are open now.
In late 2020, the Sutton Trust released the report, Room and the Top: Access at leading universities around the world which examined how 20 leading universities in 10 different countries are working to extend access to wider groups of students and support their success when they enter. This seminar, convened by the National Education Opportunities Network (NEON) UK as part of the WAHED initiative, will bring together leading universities, thought leaders and policymakers to discuss the findings of the report and its recommendations. It will ask how can universities which are seen as leading in research and scholarship either globally or in their own countries also lead on equitable access?
- Dr Graeme Atherton, Director, WAHED
- Khristina Gonzalez, Associate Dean of the College and Director of Programs for Access and Inclusion, Princeton University
- Duncan Ross, Data and Analytics Director, Times Higher Education
- Professor Rosa Devés, Vice-Rector for Academic Affairs, Universidad de Chile
- Cat Turhan, Policy Analyst, Russell Group
- Jon Beard, Director, Cambridge Admissions Office, University of Cambridge