USQ Postgraduate and Early Career Researcher Group Research Symposium
18 June 2021
The 27th University of Southern Queensland Postgraduate and Early Career Researcher (PGECR) Group Research Symposium will be held on 18 June. Speakers include NCSEHE Postdoctoral Research Fellow Dr Olivia Groves who will present “This is my beautiful artwork”: ‘Creating’ rich and reflective data using visual mapping in qualitative research interviews.
- Creating our future research selves
- Implementing, interrogating, and innovating future research methods
- Framing and reframing research futures – potential and possibilities.
- Dr Tseen Khoo, Senior Lecturer, Research Education and Development team, Graduate Research School, La Trobe University, Australia, and co-creator of The Research Whisperer.
- Dr James Burford, Lecturer, Research Education and Development team, Graduate Research School, La Trobe University, Australia
Tseen and Jamie’s joint keynote address is entitled “The Portable Scholarly Self”, and will discuss what defines a scholarly self in and out of university contexts, and will address the questions “What are researcher traits?” and “What does it mean to have done a research degree?”.
Please RSVP for attendance by 5.00 pm on Monday, 14 June 2021. Passwords for Zoom attendance will be emailed following registration.
Online webinar: 18 June 2021 9:00 am – 5:00 pm AEST
For more information and to register, visit the website