STARS 2021 Conference
Sofitel, Brisbane QLD
5 July 2021 - 7 July 2021
The 2021 Students, Transitions, Achievement, Retention and Success (STARS) Conference will be held in Brisbane on 5–7 July.
This conference provides the opportunity to disseminate and discuss current research, good practice, emerging initiatives and leading edge ideas that are aimed at enhancing students’ tertiary learning experiences. Discussion on a wide variety of subjects is encouraged and focuses on the following topics:
- Students – who are they, what are their needs, what works for different cohorts, strategies for broader social inclusion and increasing participation in tertiary education, participation of first nation peoples
- Transitions – pathways to tertiary education, transitions into (the first year experience) during (work integrated learning) and from tertiary education including graduate employability, and capstone experiences
- Achievement – strategies promoting student achievement including curricular and co-curricular reform, employability, gamification and simulation enhanced learning
- Retention – program, discipline, whole of institution, inter-institutional and sector collaborations designed to improve student retention, threshold skills and concepts
- Success – student engagement, technology enhanced learning, understanding students expectations and realities, psychological wellbeing, application of learning analytics
Who should attend:
- Tertiary teachers and learning support professionals
- Academic and professional staff keen to enhance their knowledge and engage in discussions
- Researchers in higher, tertiary and adult education
- Academic and professional institutional leaders
- Assistant and Associate Deans Learning and Teaching
- Directors of Learning and Teaching, Students, Academic Staff Development and Digital Learning Strategies
- Equity practitioners in Universities who are responsible for widening the participation of equity groups and supporting their transition into University study
Types of submissions:
- Refereed Papers (HERDC-E1)
- Emerging Initiatives
- Good Practice Reports
- Poster Presentations
What will you get out of it:
- Join an international community dedicated to enhancing students experiences
- Engage with others in discussions about the breadth and depth of learning and teaching and student support issues
- Hear about best practice from the people involved.
- Present and discuss your ideas with interested colleagues.
- Gather information about successful initiatives for implementation within your institution.
More information and registrations on the STARS Conference website.