Crown Convention Centre, Melbourne Victoria
1 July 2015 6:45 am - 4 July 2015
The team behind the previous eight First Year in Higher Education (FYHE) conferences is proud to present a new conference – STARS (Students Transitions Achievement Retention & Success).
The inaugural STARS 2015 conference will provide attendees with an opportunity to disseminate and discuss research, practice, initiatives and ideas aimed at enhancing tertiary students’ learning experiences:
- Students – Who are they? What are their needs? What works for different cohorts? Strategies for broader social inclusion and increasing participation in tertiary education, and the participation of First Nation peoples
- Transitions – Pathways to tertiary education; transitions into (the first year experience), during (work integrated learning) and from tertiary education including graduate employability, and capstone experiences
- Achievement – Strategies promoting student achievement including curricular and co-curricular reform, employability, gamification and simulation enhanced learning
- Retention – Program, discipline, whole of institution, inter-institutional and sector collaborations designed to improve student retention, threshold skills and concepts, and
- Success – Student engagement, technology enhanced learning, understanding students expectations and realities, psychological wellbeing, application of learning analytics.
Who should attend:
- Tertiary teachers and learning support professionals
- Academic and professional staff keen to enhance their knowledge and engage in discussions
- Researchers in higher, tertiary and adult education
- Academic and professional institutional leaders
- Assistant and Associate Deans Learning and Teaching
- Directors of Learning and Teaching, Students, Academic Staff Development and Digital Learning Strategies, and
- Equity practitioners in universities who are responsible for widening the participation of equity groups and supporting their transition into university study.
For more information or to register, please visit the STARS conference website. Early bird registration pricing ends 17 April 2015. #unistars2015