Round Table Conference 2023: Universal Information Access: Pathways to an Equitable Future
Rydges Sydney Central, 28 Albion Street, Surry Hills, Sydney
6 May 2023 - 9 May 2023
The Round Table on Information Access for People with Print Disabilities Inc (Round Table) is an annual Conference for information sharing and learning. The Conference includes the Round Table AGM and is held annually, in May.
The Round Table aims to facilitate and influence the production and use of quality alternative formats for people with print disabilities. The Conference showcases examples of best practice in the provision of accessible information to people with a print disability in the workplace and the community centre, including businesses, agencies, tertiary institutions, libraries, Commonwealth, State and local government.
The conference aims:
- To promote accessible information for people with print disabilities.
- To share information about challenges and opportunities in providing accessible information for people with print disabilities.
- To learn first-hand from consumers with print disabilities regarding their experiences in interacting with various technologies in a rapidly changing environment.
- To promote and enhance collaborative partnerships and peer support networks.
- To showcase and workshop examples of current best practice in the provision of accessible information and technology for people with print disabilities.
- To explore policies, frameworks, advocacy initiatives, supports and services provided for people with print disabilities by work places, educational institutions, libraries, publishers, government and community organisations.
For more information on this conference and how to register visit the website.