Parents Evening Information Session: How To Have Career Conversations With Your Young Person
Country Universities Centre Balonne, QLD
17 November 2021 5:30 pm 7:00 pm
Parents of High School students in Years 10, 11 & 12 considering further study or work options.
Karen Browning from the University of Southern Queensland’s, Making Career Choices Program will be in St George to talk to us about how to have conversations with your young person. She provides parents and carers with information about the new world of work as well as strategies on how to discuss career options with their young person.
- What is career?
- The importance of young people knowing themselves and how parents/carers can help with this
- The evolving world of work – what has changed out there, how different it is now and will be in the future
- What is career development and why that is important for your young person
- Skills young people need for the future and how parents/carers can assist
- Study and pathway options available to your young person
- Transition and what that means and how to help your young person get through it whether in a work or study environment and
- 5 Strategies and tips for having those career related discussions with your young person.
This is a free information session and will be useful to all parents not just those of future university students.
Register by contacting email@example.com
More information available, here.