NAEEA webinar: Student Success Through Assessment Design
24 July 2020
This webinar is hosted by the National Association of Enabling Educators of Australia (NAEEA) and the HERDSA Assessment Quality SIG.
About this Event
Assessments play an important role in student learning. A number of different types of assessments have been used in higher education to engage learners, inform faculty and students about the effectiveness of teaching and learning strategies, and inform decisions about progression and certification.
Each of the types of assessments come with its own set of challenges, but the COVID-19 situation elevated many of these challenges to a completely different level, and in many cases required a re-thinking about how and why we assess.
This webinar will include:
- A panel of current and recently graduated students from various universities in Australia.
- Ms. Lynnae Venaruzzo – Head of Technology Enabled Learning at Western Sydney University.
- Dr. James Valentine – Lecturer in Tertiary Enabling Program at Charles Darwin University.
- Dr Pranit Anand, Lecturer, Learning Design Queensland University of Technology
- Assoc. Prof. Simon Bedford, Pro-Vice Chancellor Learning Futures Western Sydney University
For more information on this webinar and how to register, please visit the website.