NAEEA webinar: Supporting Staff Mental Wellbeing in Enabling Education
21 August 2020
Enabling educators are often emotionally invested in students’ success, often to the detriment of their own mental health and wellbeing.
In this webinar, the National Association Of Enabling Educators Of Australia (NAEEA) will identify some of the challenges we face as enabling educators (e.g. the emotional labour demands of our work; the accidental counsellor role) and share some strategies for supporting our mental wellbeing, including:
- the importance of community – a community (and culture and philosophy) of care
- debriefing to develop psychological capital (Olds et al., 2018)
- bearing witness to students’ transformations
- coping strategies and self-care (Crawford et al., 2018).
The webinar will also reflect on the extent to which we’ve been able to implement such strategies during COVID-19.
- Nicole Crawford (NCSEHE)
- Marguerite Westacott (Univeristy of Sunshine Coast)
- Helen Scobie (University of Newcastle)
- Angela Jones (Murdoch University)
- Juliette Subramaniam (Western Sydney University)
- Chair: Pranit Anand (Queensland University of Technology)
There will also be time to ask questions and share how your university has implemented practices or interventions to support staff mental wellbeing during the pandemic.
For more information on this webinar and how to register, visit the website.