Leadership Learn to Row – A Leadership Program with a Social Mission
Curtin University Boat Club, Manning, Western Australia
20 September 2015
Curtin AHEAD invites you and your team to join them as participants of the Leadership Learn to Row Program.
Leadership Learn to Row is a unique professional development opportunity that supports a good cause. The program runs for four weeks, whereby participants learn to row at Curtin University Boat Club in Manning, Western Australia, and have an opportunity to network with, and learn from, keynote speakers at Curtin University’s Bentley campus.
Funds raised are tax deductible and support Curtin AHEAD, a program that works to raise the aspirations of low socio-economic, rural, regional, remote and Indigenous students and disengaged learners in schools and communities.
The program runs from Sunday 20 September to Sunday 25 October 2015.
Fees are $1,000 per person ($8,000 for a team), all inclusive.
- receive fitness training, and improve their wellness and wellbeing
- are introduced to rowing theory and the sport of rowing by Curtin University Boat Club coaches
- engage in teamwork
- benefit from high-level networking and relationship building opportunities with guest speakers and participants from a range of sectors, including CEOs and business leaders, and
- have the opportunity to see Indigenous Australian student rowers who have benefited from the Row AHEAD rowing and mentoring programs, out on the water.
- add value to their local community and corporate social responsibility strategy
- invest in leadership learning and practice
- increase the visibility of their work and improve brand awareness
- benefit from flexible sponsorship opportunities, such as joint media releases, online recognition, and signage at all events.
Guest speakers include:
- Mr Glen Loftus, (Olympic Rower Silver Medallist, Athens Games 2004), Director Nu-Look Windows, Past High-Performance Director at Rowing WA
- Mr Craig James, (International Umpire Beijing Games 2008), Principal Lawyer at Slater & Gordon Lawyers, Appointed Director Rowing WA
- Mr David Rose, President Rowing WA, Director Advisory Services KPMG, Deputy Chairman Leadership WA, David Rose Consulting Pty Ltd, former Oxford Blue and Mining Sector Consultant, former General Manager Argyle Diamond Mines
- Dr Nicky Howe, CEO Southcare Inc, Leadership and Management Coach, Business Builder, Writer and Philanthropist
- Mr Colin Beckett, Chancellor Curtin University, Non-Executive Chairman Perth Airport Pty Ltd, former General Manager Gorgon LNG, Chevron Australia Pty Ltd
- Professor David Gilchrist, Director Curtin Not-for-profit Initiative, Australian Accounting Standards Board Academic Advisory Panel, Chartered Accountants Australia and New Zealand
- Dr Anne Aly, Associate Professor School of Media, Culture and Creative Arts, International Relations Expert on Counter Terrorism, former Senior Policy Officer Western Australian Government, Awarded 2013 Financial Review/Westpac 100 Women of Influence
- Ms Janet Sutherland, Clinical Professional Fellow Curtin Business School, former Director of Masters in Business Leadership and Program Manager AusAID Leadership for Development Program, Curtin Graduate Business School
- Mrs Ganit Poleg-Spark, Conflict Management Consultant, Mediator and Facilitator, Curtin University
For more information, or to register your team, please visit the Leadership Learn to Row website.