Funding Australian vocational education 1970 to 2020: Implications for higher education?
University of Melbourne
24 August 2022 1:00 pm 2:00 pm
Presented by Professor Gerald Burke, this session is part of the Issues and Ideas in Higher Education seminar series, which is hosted by the Centre for Studies in Higher Education (CSHE).
The seminar considers the VET system from 1974, its policies and funding, drawing attention to how these areas differ to higher education. Topics include the
- relative role of the Commonwealth and states,
- role of industry in the specification of competencies in training packages within nationally recognised training;
- public funding for private for profit-providers;
- abolition of fees, their reintroduction and recent selective abolition;
- belated and disastrous introduction of a student loan scheme at diploma and higher level;
To attend, members of the public will be required to show evidence of full vaccination against COVID-19.
To register, click here