Employability Forum for Students with Disability
Eastern Avenue Auditorium, Camperdown Campus, University of Sydney
29 September 2014 9:19 am
The University of Sydney invites currently enrolled NSW and ACT-based university students with disability to attend an employability forum. Students will hear and seek advice from a range of speakers on topics ranging from employability and entering the workforce with confidence, disclosure, reasonable adjustment and more.
The forum will include:
- Keynote Speaker, Graeme Innes – formerly Australia’s Disability Discrimination Commissioner
- A Graduate Panel – An opportunity for students to seek inspiration from recent graduates who will share their career journeys and offer tips for transitioning into meaningful employment
- An Employer Networking Lunch – An opportunity for students to connect with disability-confident employers in an informal setting
- An Employer Panel – An opportunity for students to learn about what exactly it is recruiters look for and how they can manage their disability throughout the recruitment process and early days of employment, and
- A Disclosure & Workplace Adjustment Q&A Session – During which students can ask expert panelists questions about disclosure and reasonable adjustment.
Is this forum for you?
You may not think of yourself as having a disability, but the definition is broad and includes dyslexia, mental illness and ongoing medical conditions.
For more information and to register (essential), please visit the eventarc website.