Beyond Borders – Widening access to higher education through international co-operation
Aston University, Birmingham, UK
28 November 2018
World Access to Higher Education Day UK Hub Conference
Beyond Borders is the UK hub conference for the first ever World Access to Higher Education Day, a new day of awareness that aims to bring global attention to inequality in access to higher education and accelerate action. This conference will bring together, for the first time in the UK, organisations engaged in widening access and equity work from across the world.
This is a unique opportunity for delegates to strengthen their existing work by learning about policy, research and practice in widening access work for home and international students from Europe, Asia, Australia and the US. It is crucial that if we are to continue to reduce inequalities in access to higher education in Europe, we connect with those from across the world who are addressing this challenge and share ideas and experiences.
Why attend Beyond Borders?
- Learn about international practice in the delivery of widening access work at leading global universities.
- Connect with those leading cross-sector widening access partnerships in different countries.
- Build new international partnerships.
- Understand how to make international education accessible to those from lower socioeconomic groups.
- Become part of a global conversation on how to make higher education accessible and exchange ideas and practice with those from four different continents.
Who should attend Beyond Borders?
- Vice-Chancellors/Pro Vice-Chancellors
- Senior managers and team members with responsibility for widening access
- Senior managers and team members with responsibility for international recruitment
- Educational researchers with an interest in widening access to higher education
- Voluntary sector organisations working on social mobility
More information and registration here.