ATEND Professional Development Day
The University of Sydney — Jane Foss Russell Building (G02), Level 5, Room 514/516
30 July 2018 9:05 am
The second Australian Tertiary Education Network on Disability (ATEND) Professional Development Day for 2018 will be held at The University of Sydney.
This day is organised to help further the professional development for disability practitioners in higher education. It is also open to any members of the public who are interested or passionate about disability support in education. The program for the day involves:
- Panel discussion on Inherent Requirements: Chaired by Trevor Allan ft. Amanda Johnson (ACU), Wendy Currie (USYD) and Julie Coyle (UOW).
- Assistive Technology: Scanning Pens Demonstration by David Campbell.
- NDIS Report on Psychosocial Disability from Jennifer Smith Merry (USYD).
- Networking lunch after the presentations.
Registrations will begin at 9:05am (AEST), ready for a 9:30am start. They day will conclude at 1:45pm.
This event includes lunch. During the online registration process, please let us know if you have any dietary or accessibility requirements.
- You must register through the ATEND online link as it is essential for seating, catering and support purposes.
- All payments must be made in advance.
- We are unable to accept cash, cheque or credit card payments on the day.
- Registrations will close at 12:00 noon, Friday 27 July or earlier if maximum numbers are reached. Places are limited so please register early to avoid disappointment.
- If you require any special dietary requirements or special requirements such as alternative formats or sign language interpreters, please register as soon as possible in order for these services to be put in place.
- $60.00 for ATEND members
- $80.00 for non-members
- $20.00 for students.
Click here to become an ATEND member.
For more information and to register for the event online, click here.
If you have any questions or require further information please do not hesitate to contact Michelle Kerr on (02) 9385 4685 or email firstname.lastname@example.org or Jack Crane email@example.com.
Campus map available here.