AHEAD 2023 Conference: Unity: How Staff and Learner Communities Drive Inclusion
In-Person (Croke Park Conference Centre), Online and Hybrid
22 March 2023 - 23 March 2023
The AHEAD annual international conference will run from Wednesday March 22nd to Thursday March 23rd 2023 and will be held in-person, online and hybrid.
They are pleased to invite submissions for sessions, talks and posters to be presented at the conference in-person and online.
Conference subthemes will be:
- Inclusion is Everyone’s Business – Exploring whole college/centre approaches to Universal Design and UDL.
- Collaborative Action on Accessibility and Inclusion – Showcasing successful collaborations or communities of practice formed between departments, institutions and services supporting inclusion (e.g., faculties and libraries, teaching and disability support, or regional HEI institutions and ETBs etc.).
- Inclusion in Student Engagement – removing barriers to learners with disabilities being included in student representation and student engagement activities.
- Crossing the digital divide together – exploring the pros and cons of hybrid learning for inclusion and models of good practice within it.
- ‘Working’ together – addressing barriers to employment for students and graduates with disabilities through partnerships with business.
- Widening the Community – showcasing good practice in the inclusion of students with intellectual disabilities in tertiary education.
- Community Exchange – share your individual practice tips on UDL implementation, inclusive assessment, disability support, hybrid learning and more to support others in the community.