2023 Australian Rural Mental Health Conference
Commercial Club Albury, NSW
8 November 2023 - 10 November 2023
Join the Rural Mental Health Conference (RMHC) as they explore the now and the future of mental health prevention and treatment in our rural communities. In 2023, the conference theme is:
Justice and equity: Issues and solutions for Rural and Remote Mental Health
The unfortunate truth is that people living in rural areas face many barriers to accessing mental health care services. Rural locations see limited practitioners and professional services spread too thin. Combine this with an increase in demand for services over recent years and rural communities are at a disadvantage when it comes to seeking care.
At the Rural Mental Health Conference, you and your peers will explore the real issues which are impacting our rural communities right now. Then, be a part of planning how we overcome these obstacles and lend your voice to creating a positive path towards greater prevention and treatment of mental health in our rural communities.
Why should I attend?
The mission of RMHC is to connect you with the most advanced and adaptable mental health service solutions which you can use right away in your rural community. You will walk away from this conference knowing it was the most valuable and inspiring two days in your year, and it has equipped you with the skills and ideas you need to make big changes – for yourself, your clients, and your community.
Who should attend?
- Mental Health Leadership, Strategy and Management: CEOs, Directors, Managers and Leaders Mental Health Medical Professionals: Psychologists, Psychiatrists, Mental Health Nurses, GPs, Clinical workers, Peer workers, support workers, Counsellors, Occupational therapists, Clinical workers, Social workers.
- Rural community leaders.
- Organisations working and living in rural and remote areas: Resource Sector, Construction, Banking, Lawyers, Retail, Healthcare, Energy, Police, Fire & Rescue, Manufacturing, Tourism and Hospitality.
- Education and Academia: Professors, Lecturers, Researchers and Students.
- Government: Policy and advocacy.
- Senior Management, General Manager of Local Health Districts
- Senior Management, General Manager, Clinical Nurse, Mental Health Nurse, Registered Nurse of Hospital and health services
For more information on this conference and how to register, visit the RMHC website.