2018 HERDSA Conference: (Re) Valuing Higher Education
Adelaide Convention Centre
2 July 2018 - 5 July 2018
The 41st annual conference of the Higher Education Research and Development Society of Australasia (HERDSA), will be held on 2-5 July 2018 (with pre-conference workshops on 2 July) at the Adelaide Convention Centre, Adelaide.
The theme for the conference is (Re) Valuing Higher Education. Relevant areas and points of interest are captured within these sub-themes:
- valuing education
- academic work and identities
- teaching, learning and the student experience
- pathways, partnerships and communities
- governance and policy
There are many diverse and wide-ranging perspectives from which to approach the notion of (Re)Valuing Higher Education. HERDSA welcomes contributions that reflect the diversity of participants in higher education including private and non-university higher education providers, the vocational education and training sector, educators, researchers and students, administrators and policymakers, government, community and industry partners, and our culturally diverse communities. The Society also welcomes international delegates who can provide insights into the value of higher education from other contexts and cultures.
Submissions to the HERDSA 2018 International Conference may be in one of five formats:
- Refereed paper
- Showcase of excellent leadership, practice and/or policy (refereed abstract)
- Pre-conference workshop
- Master Class or Mini Workshop
- Poster presentation
All submissions must relate to the conference theme, (Re)Valuing Higher Education and address one or more of the sub-themes (above).
- Refereed Papers: Full paper due on 5th February 2018
- Abstracts for showcase papers and posters: Abstracts due on 5th February 2018
- Pre-conference workshops: Proposals due on 11th December 2017
- Mini workshops (during conference): Proposals due on 5th February 2018
More information on the Conference is available here.