2018 ACEN Conference
Brisbane Convention and Exhibition Centre
3 October 2018 - 5 October 2018
WIL: Creating Connections, Building Futures
The Australian Collaborative Education Network Limited (ACEN) is the professional association for practitioners and researchers from the tertiary education sector, industry, community and government representatives, involved in work integrated learning (WIL) in Australia.
The 7th National ACEN Conference theme is ‘WIL: Creating Connections Building Futures’, which seeks to explore the following sub-themes:
- managing and building relationships
- embedding employability
- quality dimension for WIL
- capability building and recognition
- the future of WIL
- creating connections within and across disciplines
- WIL in STEM, business, arts, health, education, law, and higher degree research degrees
- WIL, interdisciplinary and inter-professional learning (IPL).
Interested researchers, academics, practitioners and industry partners are invited to submit papers, abstracts and posters for the Conference. Papers that involve joint authorship with students, industry and community partners are encouraged. Early career researchers and research students are also encouraged to contribute papers.
The opening address will be given by Margaret Sheil AO, Queensland University of Technology (QUT) Vice-Chancellor and President. Keynote speakers include:
- Professor Stephen Billett
- Professor Marek Kowalkiewicz
- Associate Professor Marina Harvey
- Anne Younger
- Cherry Chen
A number of pre-conference workshops will be held on 3 October at the Griffith University South Bank campus, with the conference commencing on 4 October at the Brisbane Convention and Exhibition Centre.