Equity in Higher Education Panel announced
NCSEHE Director Professor Sarah O’Shea will join a new advisory panel, providing strategic advice and making recommendations to the Department of Education, Skills and Employment on issues relating to student equity in higher education.
The Equity in Higher Education Panel (EHEP) is a high level strategic advisory body with a focus on student equity in higher education. As part of its work the EHEP will develop a National Equity in Higher Education Roadmap, a five year strategy to accelerate performance of underrepresented equity groups nationally and to raise the profile of equity best practice in the sector to embed it more effectively in universities’ missions.
The full membership of the Panel is as follows:
- Mr Rob Heferen, Chair (ex officio), Deputy Secretary – Higher Education, Research and International Group, Department of Education, Skills and Employment
- Professor Penny Jane Burke, Director – Centre of Excellence for Equity in Higher Education and Global Innovation, The University of Newcastle
- Dr Daniel Edwards, Research Director – Tertiary Education Research Program, Australian Council for Educational Research
- Dr Leanne Holt, Chair – National Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Higher Education Consortium, Pro Vice-Chancellor (Indigenous Strategy), Macquarie University
- Professor Denise Kirkpatrick, Acting Senior Deputy Vice-Chancellor, Western Sydney University
- Professor Nick Klomp, Vice-Chancellor and President, CQUniversity Australia
- Professor Simon Maddocks, Vice-Chancellor and President, Charles Darwin University
- Professor Adam Shoemaker, Vice-Chancellor and President, Southern Cross University
- Dr Guinever Threlkeld, Pro Vice-Chancellor (Regional), La Trobe University
- Professor Denise Wood AM, Pro Vice-Chancellor (Students), University of the Sunshine Coast
- Mr Paul Denny (ex officio), Branch Manager – Education and Youth Policy Branch, Social Policy and Programs Group, National Indigenous Australians Agency
- Professor Sarah O’Shea (ex officio), Director – National Centre for Student Equity in Higher Education, Curtin University
- Ms Amanda Franzi, Executive Officer (ex officio), Department of Education, Skills and Employment
Content reproduced from the Department of Education, Skills and Employment.