Nominations open for the EPHEA Lifetime Membership Award
Equity Practitioners in Higher Education Australasia (EPHEA) are proud to announce the establishment of the Lifetime Membership Award.
This award will recognise the long-term and significant contribution by colleagues to equity in universities and TAFE; and allow EPHEA to maintain a formal relationship with their esteemed colleagues who are no longer officially engaged in the sector.
- must be an equity practitioner who has held a formal position in EPHEA and/or been a prominent figure in the EPHEA Community
- if the practitioner is still active in the EPHEA Community, they must be a financial member of the organisation
- must demonstrate at least 10 years of service to equity in the tertiary education sector in Australia, New Zealand and the Pacific region.
Benefits of Lifetime membership:
- Formal acknowledgement and appreciation of all Lifetime Members will be recognised on a dedicated page of the EPHEA website.
- Complimentary annual membership to EPHEA. Current practitioners will receive Full Membership and retired colleagues will receive Associate Membership.
How to Apply:
- Each year nominations will be called for through the EPHEA mailing list. Prospective awardees much be nominated by at least two current members of EPHEA, representing two different institutions.
- All nominations will be considered by the EPHEA Executive Committee for a decision before the Annual General Meeting.
- Awardees will be publicly acknowledged each year at the EPHEA Annual General Meeting. In 2017, the AGM will be held during the biennial conference on Wednesday 22 November, 2017 at 11.30am.
For 2017 nominations, applications are due 30 September 2017.