Australian Government Regional Education Package
On 12 November 2018, the Government announced $134.8 million over four years to provide students from rural and regional Australia with greater choice in, and access to higher education.
The measures include:
- $92.5 million over four years to support more students at five regionally focused universities over four years. This includes:
- $40.7 million for Federation University Australia’s Berwick campus (VIC)
- $30.2 million for the Caboolture and Fraser Coast campuses of the University of the Sunshine Coast (QLD)
- $3.3 million for the Central Coast Medical School and Research Institute of the University of Newcastle (NSW)
- $9.1 million for Central Queensland University (QLD), and
- $9.1 million for James Cook University (QLD).
- $34.1 million over four years to expand the Rural and Regional Enterprise Scholarships
- $7.5 million over four years to expand the Regional Study Hubs, and
- developing a national regional, rural and remote education strategy.
Continue reading here.
Originally published by the Australian Government Department of Education and Training.