2016 Research Grants Recipients
The National Centre for Student Equity in Higher Education is pleased to announce that 10 proposals have been selected for funding as part of the NCSEHE’s 2016 Student Equity in Higher Education Research Grants Program, for a total funding amount of $360,307.
The Centre received 45 applications in total, which were considered first by an NCSEHE expert panel and subsequently the NCSEHE’s Advisory Committee and Advisory Board. Of the 45 applications received, 20 universities and research organisations led at least one proposal and a number of proposals were from universities that hadn’t participated in the grants process in previous years.
The successful projects and recipients include:
- Access to higher education: Does distance impact students’ intentions to attend university? – Rob Strathdee, RMIT University
- University Experience for Disadvantaged Students and Influence on Academic Outcomes – Ian Li, The University of Western Australia
- Rippling stories of success: Indigenous students positive higher education experiences – Jack Frawley, Charles Darwin University
- Identifying strategies for improving VET to HE transitions for Indigenous learners – James Smith, Charles Darwin University
- Factors influencing participation and migration of regional higher education students – Buly Cardak, La Trobe University
- Mentoring Programs and Equity Groups: The Australian Story – Susan Beltman, Curtin University
- It’s About Time: working towards more equitable understandings of the impact of time for students in higher education – Penny Jane Burke, The University of Newcastle Australia
- WiL Wellbeing: Exploring the impacts of unpaid practicum on student wellbeing – Deanna Grant-Smith, Queensland University of Technology
- Identifying school engagement practices facilitating university participation of equity students – Wojtek Tomaszewski, The University of Queensland
- Understanding the completion patterns of equity students in regional universities – Karen Nelson, University of the Sunshine Coast
Congratulations to you all!